If you would like to learn how to bake and decorate beautiful cakes then you are in the right place.
Natalie enjoys teaching and sharing her skills and knowledge and does so in a number of different ways – group classes, private tuition and live demos – see below for details. If you have any questions or want to suggest a topic or project for a new class, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Based upon my Gold-award winning design from the Cake International competitions last year, this brilliant new class covers a wide range of skills – by the end you will be a colour clever, sharp-edge, flower making, petal dusting pro!!
Techniques covered in class include:
• Using dark navy fondant to achieve those desirable and elusive sharp edges, with a perfect finish. My technique is quick and easy, even with a difficult dark colour.
• Making a range of wired and unwired flowers and foliage – Anemones, Thistles, Roses (using my signature Rapid Rose technique) Filler flowers, lots of lovely Berries and all of my hints and tips for making beautiful, practical sugar flowers.
• Using colour and petal dusts to bring your work to life, creating a striking colour palette that really catches the eye.
• Constructing a simple wire frame to make and support the antlers.
• Wiring and taping everything for a realistic and dynamic finish.
• And of course the all important arranging of everything on the cake to create this unique and modern wedding design.
The cost of this two day class is £375.
Please note that the cost covers all materials used, including Massa sugarpaste, Squires flowerpaste and Saracino modelling paste. It also includes the cost of three dummy cakes, two of which will have been pre-covered for each student before class. I’m is even going to pre-mix the fondant for you to save precious time in class, thus devoting more time to teaching you what you want to learn!
• Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd March 2019 – The Rosehip Bakery, Oxfordshire
• Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March 2019 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
• Monday 29th & Tuesday 30th April 2019 – Fabricake, Southend, Essex
• Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
• Date TBC – Cakes of Good Taste, Bushey Heath, North London
For more information about the class and booking details click on the image or link below…
Learn to make perfect sugar roses, filler flowers and a range of realistic leaves and foliage, as well as a quick and easy technique for a realistic looking bark effect.
In class, you will learn how to make:
• Easy unwired sugar roses, using the Rapid Rose
• Delicate filler flowers
• A range of wired and unwired leaves
• Buds and berries to enhance your floral deisgn
• Realistic, yet simple, wood effect
The class will also focus on:
• Covering a tall dummy cake, with sharp edges
• Using petal dusts for a realistic look on sugar florals
• Using petal dusts to enhance the wood effect
• Taping leaves and flowers into usable units for easy arranging
• How to arrange sugar flowers for a full and realistic finish
The cost of this two day class is £345 and it is available at the following venues and dates – for more information about the class and booking details click on the image or link below…
• Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June 2019 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
Learn to make a range of gorgeous filler flowers, buds and berries. They’re super cute and a perfect way to enhance your sugar flowers and cake designs.
In this class you will learn:
• How to colour and work with flowerpaste
• How to make four different filler flowers and the skills to make many more
• How to make five varieties of berries, perfect for adding in an accent colour
• How to make and use a range of buds
• How to use petal dusts to colour and enhance your work for a bright and realistic finish
The cost of this one day class is £120 and it is available at the following venues and dates – for more information about the class and booking details click on the image or link below…
• Saturday 19th May 2018 – Cakes of Good Taste, Bushey Heath, London
• Tuesday 19th June 2018 – Victoria’s Kitchen, Woking, Surrey
• Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Victoria’s Kitchen, Acle, Norwich, Norfolk
• Saturday 21st July 2018 – Fabricake, Southend-on-Sea, Essex
• Sunday 5th August 2018 – Victoria’s Kitchen, Woking, Surrey
• Monday 3rd September 2018 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
In this class we will make this gorgeous arrangement of sugar flowers, taped and formed around a wooden hoop. Beautiful on it’s own, hoops and wreaths are an increasingly popular design feature for wedding and celebration cakes.
In this one day class you will learn how to:
• Use and colour flowerpaste
• Make beautiful and quick roses using Natalie’s signature technique and the Rapid Rose
• Make rose leaves, simple berries, seed pods and a very versatile filler flower
• Add petal dusts to your work to enhance the colours, details and add realism
• Tape everything together and arrange it around the wood hoop
The cost of this one day class is £145 and it is available at the following venues and dates – for more information about the class and booking details click on the image or link below…
• Sunday 15th July 2018 – Victoria’s Kitchen, Acle, Norwich, Norfolk
• Sunday 2nd September 2018 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
I love to teach and there is no better setting than a private class, where we can focus on exactly what you want to learn, when you want to learn it.
We’ll design the class to suit exactly what you want and I will prepare all the necessary tools and materials for you – all you have to do is show up.
To obtain a quote for a private class, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the contact page) and include the following information:
*What you’d like to learn (e.g. I would like to learn how to make sugarpaste roses)
*What cake decorating experience you currently have (attaching pictures will help)
*What days and timings suit you (e.g. I am only available on weekdays/weekends)
The class will be held in a relaxed environment at my home in Stanstead Abbotts, Hertfordshire. Alternatively and in certain circumstances, I may be able to travel to you. If you would like to do a class with a friend we can accommodate a second person in a private class.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I love getting out and about teaching and demo’ing…. following on a bunch of shows in the spring we’re taking the Rapid Rose on the road again this autumn. If you’d like to the see the Rapid Rose in action, learn something new or ask me a question, please do come along and say ‘Hello!’ I’ll be at Cake and Bake, London and Cake International, Birmingham – more details to follow soon…
Throughout this year I have demo’d at a couple of local guilds – such fun and wonderful to meet so many like-minded sugarcrafters. If you’d like me to visit your branch please give us a call or send an email:
tel: 07785 90 30 75 email: email@example.com