Techniques covered in class include:
• Using dark navy fondant to achieve those desirable and elusive sharp edges, with a perfect finish. My technique is quick and easy, even with a difficult dark colour.
• Making a range of wired and unwired flowers and foliage – Anemones, Thistles, Roses (using my signature Rapid Rose technique) Filler flowers, lots of lovely Berries and all of my hints and tips for making beautiful, practical sugar flowers.
• Using colour and petal dusts to bring your work to life, creating a striking colour palette that really catches the eye.
• Constructing a simple wire frame to make and support the antlers.
• Wiring and taping everything for a realistic and dynamic finish.
• And of course the all important arranging of everything on the cake to create this unique and modern wedding design.
The cost of this two day class is £375.
Please note that the cost covers all materials used, including Massa sugarpaste, Squires flowerpaste and Saracino modelling paste. It also includes the cost of three dummy cakes, two of which will have been pre-covered for each student before class. I’m is even going to pre-mix the fondant for you to save precious time in class, thus devoting more time to teaching you what you want to learn!
• Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd March 2019 – The Rosehip Bakery, Oxfordshire
• Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March 2019 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire
• Monday 29th & Tuesday 30th April 2019 – Fabricake, Southend, Essex
• Date TBC – Cakes of Good Taste, Bushey Heath, North London
• Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019 – Sugar & Crumbs, Stockport, Cheshire