In this class we will create a beautiful cake, based upon the Pantone colour of the year in 2017, ‘Greenery’. Inspired by nature, this cake features big blooming roses, delicate filler flowers, buds and berries… all paired with lots of rich realistic foliage in a range of gorgeous greens. It also features an easy yet effective wood technique, sure to add detail and interest to any rustic style cake, perfect for modern weddings.
In class, you will learn how to make:
• Easy unwired sugar roses, using the Rapid Rose
• Delicate filler flowers
• A range of wired and unwired leaves
• Buds and berries to enhance your floral deisgn
• Realistic, yet simple, wood effect
The class will also focus on:
• Covering a tall dummy cake, with sharp edges
• Using petal dusts for a realistic look on sugar florals
• Using petal dusts to enhance the wood effect
• Taping leaves and flowers into usable units for easy arranging
• How to arrange sugar flowers for a full and realistic finish
This class will use dummy cakes as the focus is on the sugar flowers, wood effect and techniques for arranging and finishing the cakes.
Cost: £345 per person
(limited to eight spaces)